Tapas

Saturday, January 22, 2005

be in here

"My mom was a silent person, able to camouflage herself against the furniture or to disappear in the design of a rug. she never made the slightest commotion; it was almost as if she were never there. In the privacy of the room we shared, however, she was transformed. when she talked about the past , or told her stories , the room filled with light; the walls dissolved to reveal incredible landscapes, faraway countries, she placed at my feet the treasures of the orient , the moon and beyond. she reduced me to the size of an ant so i could experience the universe from that smallness, she gave me wings to see it from the heaven. when she was telling a story her characters peopled my world, and some of them became so familiar that still today, so many years later I can describe the clothing they wore and the tone of their voice. She manufactured the substance of her own dreams, and from those materials constructed a world for me.
she sowed in my mind the idea that reality is not only what we see on the surface, it has a magical dimension as well and, if we so desire, we might enhance the colors to make our journey through life less trying."

Isabel Allende


I just need her around........

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home